Trade International is your source for information and services to the dimension stone industry.
Buying service will discuss sourcing of sourcing of stone internationally,
Marketing Of Stone
Marketing is not selling but it assists sales.
Choosing the Right Stone
The big question is by most buyers is how do I choose the right stone for my project whether it be a large commercial project or something more easy like picking a paver for the patio or a granite kitchen countertop.
Many buyers request on major projects and or purchases to have goods inspected.
Information is always educational and when it comes to stone is many times hard to get.
1. Where the stone is to be used, indoor or outdoor, walls or paving, cold or hot climates
2. Which type of stone is suitable for your project: granite, quartzite, marble, slate, limestone, sandstone, basalt, soapstone, field stone, and many others
3. Size of stone pieces, thickness, and the quantity required and the time frame for delivery
4. Color and texture or finish of the stone
5. What price is in your budget will be a factor and equally important is the cost of installation
6. Variation of the stone affects selection of the stone as some stone has a lot more variation then others
7. Maintenance is a factor in that some buyers want a stone that is almost maintenance free or very little work to take care of. Read More
Quality control can only be done on the stone based on criteria established by the buyer. Quality is not an issue of stone selection and even though a stone may be second or commercial ratings does not mean the stone is of poor quality. Quality is definable like the tolerance of the thickness, sizing tolerances, squareness etc. Read More